|Observations on a trip to the High Street
||[Nov. 18th, 2008|04:07 pm]
Listen in, listen Ian!
(pretend that it's just gone four in the afternoon when you read this)|
- They've filled in the big hole outside my house they've been working in for ages! Hooray, the noisy, starting work at 7am at the weekend buggers.
- The street was full of schoolies. What time do schools kick out these days? It wasn't even half three yet.
- The cash machine wasn't working AGAIN. Tsk.
- The new Italian deli that's just opened is lovely. Because of the cash machine, I only had enough money for some salami (a third cheaper than the Tesco equivalent, and probably better) but I've got loads of cheese at the moment, so it's probably for the best.
- Today's winner of the most disgusting man in the world: the man standing outside Ladbrokes retching and choking.
Observation on taking a phone call from a man from a coffee delivery company: no, this isn't The Lunchbox. Perhaps I should have ordered them 17kg of espresso.
A game I bought on the internet arrived this weekend. It was recorded delivery, but the postie just stuck it through the door without ringing. What should I do?
Tell the seller, so that he can complain.
Pretend it didn't turn up. I can get my £27 back, the seller can claim, and nobody loses. Except the postie who could get wrongly accused.
Finally, does anyone know of somewhere in London, other than the sweet shop on Greenwich market - that sells Vimto bonbons?