||[Mar. 16th, 2009|03:51 pm]
Listen in, listen Ian!
I'm having a clearout of stuff I can't be bothered eBaying. Before they go on Freecycle, You lot can have first go at them. Buyer collects, unless it's something smallish and I'm likely to see you about.|
1. Praktica MTL 5B SLR film camera. I went out to have a play with it at the weekend, and decided I couldn't be bothered. There's nothing automatic about it - focus, exposure, aperture, nothing. It comes with two lenses, the standard one an a zoom one that I can give you more information about when I'm at home if you want. It works, as far as I know, apart from a couple of things - when you wind the film on the counter doesn't go round so you need to keep track of how many shots you've taken. The other thing is that the light meter doesn't seem to work - whenever I took a photo at the weekend it kept telling me there wasn't enough light, even though there obviously was. It's possible this is some kind of battery issue, but I'm guessing really.
I've also got a few filters. Are filters a standard fitting across camera makes? That is to say, if I bought a digital SLR at some point, which I'm planning to, are they likely to fit onto that? If not, then they stay with the camera. It's in a camera bag too.
2. A TiVo. Old style PVR, which should work with any Freeview or Sky box. The only caveat with this is that you'd have to pay either £10 p/m or a one off £100 lifetime fee to subscribe to the programme guide info. Or you can just set it manually to specific times, but that would be taking away some of the digital joy. This has to be collected from offensive_mango's place.
3. A Moulinex food processor. Some essential bits of this are missing, but you should be able to track down spares on the internets.
4. A Cambridge Audio A1 amplifier.
5. A tuner. Denon, I think. It worked when I last used it.
6. A Phillips CD recorder. Like an old fashioned tape recorder, but for CDs. Would probably be of more use just as a CD player these days, which it does perfectly well. Add a pair of speakers to this and the amp and tuner above, and you've got the start of a nice little separates system.
7. An electric steamer. I never use this any more, but you could.